Golfing in Carinthia
Golfing in Millstatt, in Austria’s sunny south
Not just the flowers come to life with the first warm rays of the spring sun in Carinthia – the golfing greens do, too. Guests can usually enjoy their first tee-off on summer green by the end of March. The long, mild autumn season allows golfers to play well into November. On the golfing green or at a tournament, you may well bump into a member of the Aniwanter family. Golfing is a family passion, and the Aniwanters are always happy to share a few insider tips on the perfect game on the Millstätter See golf course, where they have been members right from the start. Don’t hesitate to ask for recommendations of other golf courses in Carinthia and beyond.
Lake Millstätter See golf course
The 18-hole Golfanlage Millstätter See lies on a sunny high plateau above the lake, just 4 km from the hotel. The course has hosted the European Challenge Tour several times and therefore caters to the requirements of both beginners and professionals. 18 varied holes await on the golf course, which affords panoramic views of the lake and the mountains. The golf course comes with a driving range as well as chipping, pitching and putting greens. If you are a beginner, get your handicap with golf pro Paul Thompson and improve your technique and tactics in designated courses. Children’s courses are also on offer, where aspiring youngsters are introduced to the game in groups of 3 to 5. Guest of the Hotel Forelle also enjoy a discount on their green fee.
Infrastructure of Millstatt golf club
- 18 holes / par 72
- Length ladies red 5,183m / CR 73.1 / SL 125
- Length gentlemen red 5,879 m / CR 71.2 / SL 130
- Driving range with chipping, pitching and putting green
- Compact course with 3 par-3 holes
- Club house with pro shop
- Caddy room
- Restaurant with generous terrace (also accessible to non-golfers)
- Paul Thompson school of golf
The fairways of this 18-hole course are perfectly integrated into this picturesque landscape. Golfers play their way through a 4-hole terrain course, 9-hole parkland and 5-hole terrain course. The topography of the golf course adds interest to the game. With 35 bunkers, the golf course requires precision and accuracy rather than long strokes.
Alpe Adria Golf Card
You are planning to play lots of golf while on holiday and to get to know more than one course? With the Alpe Adria Golf Card, choice and variety for your golfing holiday are guaranteed. Cardholders purchase 3, 4 or 5 green fees that they may redeem on 21 partner courses in Carinthia, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Slovenia. The nearest golf courses are no further than an hour’s drive away. The Golfclub Bad Kleinkirchheim is 25 km away, the Golfclub Schloss Finkenstein or the Golflclub Lungau/Katschberg are 50 km away.
Tee-off on 21 courses
- The chip card comes with 3,4 or 5 green fees.
- 2 green fees may be used per day.
- Card is valid until the end of the following season.
- Guests may purchase the card directly in the hotel or at the participating golf courses.
- In spring (season start until 30 April) and autumn (from 8 October until the end of the season), your Alpe Adria Golf Card is even better value, with your travel companion playing
- free of charge on all the participating golf courses (More information see here).
Prices for your 3-nation golfing experience
|Alpe Adria Golf Card with 3 green fees||EUR 195,00|
|Alpe Adria Golf Card with 4 green fees||EUR 260,00|
|Alpe Adria Golf Card with 5 green fees||EUR 310,00|
Inquire about golf holidays in Carinthia
Golfing all day long and enjoying the amenities of the Hotel Forelle in the evening, sounds fabulous to you? Then book directly online now or send us a non-binding inquiry!